Connect with us

News

T20 World Cup 2024 Begins June 1 in USA and West Indies

Rohit Sharma (left) and Virat Kohli (centre) and Ravindra Jadeja.

The T20 World Cup 2024 is starting soon, less than half a month away. The tournament will take place in the USA and West Indies, beginning on June 1. Team India, eager to win their first major ICC title in 11 years, will kick off their campaign on June 5 with a match against Ireland. On June 9, they will face their long-time rivals, Pakistan, in a highly anticipated game. Following that, India will play against the USA on June 12 and Canada on June 15 in their last group stage match.

Indian team captain Rohit Sharma recently shared a strong message in an interview with Dubai Eye 103.8’s YouTube channel. He emphasized that cricket is not about personal achievements or statistics. Rohit, who took over as captain from Virat Kohli, will lead India in the upcoming T20 World Cup.

“When I became India’s captain, I wanted everyone to work together towards one goal. Team sports are about what all 11 players can do together to win the trophy, not about individual milestones,” Rohit said.

There has been speculation that Rohit might retire after the T20 World Cup 2024, but he has dismissed these rumors. He expressed his desire to continue playing for a few more years and make a significant impact on world cricket.

“The journey has been wonderful. It has been 17 years. I want to play for a few more years and contribute to world cricket,” Rohit said.

Reflecting on his career, he added, “I have faced more downs than ups in my life, and these experiences have shaped who I am today.”

Also Read

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

See More

More in News